Perth Strathtay Harriers
Management Committee Notes – Volunteer Recruitment
Our club is entirely volunteer led and our people are key to our success. We welcome anyone who is willing to give their valuable time to helping Perth Strathtay Harriers. To safeguard everyone associated with the Harriers the current management committee must ensure any volunteer is recruited in line with our club requirements.
• Meet with member of Management Committee
• Reference check
• Mentoring of new volunteers by lead coach (es) – year 1
• Coaches will have UKA licence check – 3 year renewal
• PVG process for any volunteer in direct and regular link with athletes
In recent years, our club has mentored a number of young volunteers (e.g. Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme, University placements). The above process is followed and in addition:
• Club mentor is assigned and is responsible for student documentation.
The club is affiliated to Scottish Athletics and our club policies align to our national governing body. Up to date roles and descriptions can be found here –